Oprema accepts responsibility for the environmental effects of the distribution and supply of electrical and electronic equipment in the UK and abroad.
We ensure compliance with the UK Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations. We are currently members of a Producer Compliance Scheme, which requires us to submit an annual return on the EEE products that we distribute.
We have made every effort to ensure our packaging is as environmentally friendly as possible:
- Our cardboard boxes are made from recycled fibre (80%);
- Our air cushions are made from an eco-reduced-CO2 film, which is made from recycled low-density polyethylene (PE-LD), this is 100% recyclable;
- Our reinforced paper tape is 100% recyclable;
- Our bubble wrap is made from polyethylene polymers with oxo-degradable additives. It is recyclable with plastic films and will degrade over time when placed in landfill;
- Our padded bags are made from recycled paper fibre.
Oprema will measure its impact on the environment and set targets for ongoing improvement. The Company will comply with all relevant environmental legislation.
The Company provides training for its staff, to raise awareness of environmental issues and enlist their support in improving the Company’s performance.
Inhouse, the company recycles food waste, and all other recyclables through the local council schemes. The building has lights operated by sensor, to conserve energy. Staff are advised to turn off all electronic equipment at the end of the day. Environmental impact is considered as part of the procurement process.
Oprema will encourage the adoption of similar principles by its suppliers.
This policy will be reviewed at least annually.